Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) Certification - 2003
March 2002 - Present
Environment: IBM PC, Windows 2000, Lotus Notes 6, Oracle, Universe DBMS, Unix
- Review business requirements and develop test plans and scenarios for
specific projects both manually and using Mercury Test Director.
- Develop and document new testing processes for the online User Assurance
- Analyze XML messages that communicate between the web and the back-end system.
- Assist in troubleshooting problems that arise in the communication between the web
and the back-end system.
- Query and update the Oracle database for the websites using SQL.
- Develop programs, tools, and queries for use by the department using Universe Basic,
Retrieve, and winSQL.
- Develop and maintain a department website to centralize information, distribute tools,
and assist in troubleshooting/testing.
March 2001 - Present
Environment: IBM PC, Windows XP, Visual Studio, IIS, ASP, HTML
- Designer and programmer for the Junior League of Arlington's website. Rewriting and
enhancing the Junior League of Arlington’s website, including the addition of a
member's only section utilizing HTML, an Access database, ASP, and VBScript.
- Developed a Visual Basic 6 “MineFinder” game based on Microsoft Minesweeper.
- Developed a Visual Basic 6 version of the mastermind board game utilizing an ActiveX
control I wrote to track the history of guesses for the game.
WorldCom: Richardson, Texas
September 2000 - March 2001
Environment:  IBM PC, Windows 2000, Ericsson SMAS development environment
- Reverse-engineered the existing product to create a detailed 'developer's guide book' for use by the maintenance, testing, and development groups.
- Developed new features and enhanced existing features for WorldCom's prepaid product line.
- Received training in Intelligent Networking, Ericsson INAP and CS1+ protocols (the Ericsson service creation tools).
The Software Group, Inc: Plano, Texas
March 1995 - September 2000
Environment:  IBM PC, Windows 98, Pick Basic in Universe DBMS running in AIX on IBM RS/6000
- Performed requirements gathering, analysis, design, implementation, and maintenance on various software applications and database systems for county governments in Texas, Georgia, Oregon, and Washington.
- Developed conversion programs to enable new clients to smoothly transition into use of TSG software and products.
- Trained new and existing clients on product usage and enhancements.
- Technical advisor resolving complex issues, including problem solving new code conversions.
- Performed UNIX system administrator functions for clients as needed.
DeVry Institute of Technology: Irving, Texas
March 1993 - March 1995
Environment: IBM PC, Windows 98, Pick Basic in Universe DBMS running in AIX on IBM RS/600
- Performed administrative tasks on a Novell LAN of 128 PCs, 3
servers, and 23 remote printers
- Assigned and maintained student mainframe accounts.
- Instructed faculty and students on the use of business software
- Instructed and supported students in debugging skills for COBOL,
C, C++, CICS, and XDB.
Visual Basic 6, VB Script, C++, SQL, HTML, XML, ASP, Visual Interdev, SQL Server
2000, Universe Basic
Operating Systems/Environments: Unix/Aix/HPUX;
Microsoft Windows; Universe (Ardent) DBMS
|Southern Methodist University, School of Engineering – Advanced Computer Education Center
||July 2001 - December 2001
||Microsoft Certified Solutions
Developer certification program
|DeVry Institute of Technology
||Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems
||Jack David Armold Honors Program, National Dean's List, DeVry Dean's List
Most Distinguished Student Award for graduating class